What are QROPS?
In 2006, the UK government approved legislation that permitted the holders of a UK pension scheme to transfer their benefits into a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (QROPS). This legislation has completely changed the landscape for pension planning for UK expatriates, as it allows for UK based pension schemes to be transferred to other jurisdictions, for which there are many significant potential advantages.
Pensions abroad can help make sense of the options available to you, contact us for a FREE no obligation chat.
Are QROPS relevant for me?
If the answer is Yes or Maybe to the following statements then you must contact us urgently to get your FREE advice:
- I have a UK pension in excess of £70,000
- I have not bought an annuity
- I want to avoid paying 55% tax on my pension fund
- I want the option of releasing up to 60% tax free cash
- I want a better investment opportunity
- I do not want to pay inheritance tax
- You are not intending to return to the UK
A difference in the tax law means you don’t have to buy an annuity.
Thinking of going abroad to avoid high taxes? Take your retirement fund with you!
Gender ruling which means that insurers can now no longer discriminate on the basis of what sex a client is. Read more »
Pensions window for Ex UK Residents. Read more »